Business and personal accounts (1766 Sept.-1767 Dec., 1768 Feb.-1773 May, 1773 Aug.-Sept.) kept for Henry Laurens. Accounts are with individuals and companies for goods (primarily general merchandise) and services (including commissions). Several include the sale of individual slaves. A number of entries are for New Hope, Mepkin, Broton [Broughton] Island, Wambaw, and Wright's Savannah plantations. Other accounts include expenses for improvements made to brick tenements, and an Ansonborough house and lot. One personal entry is for "my arrears & fines in full" for the Charlestown Library Society.
- Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994
- St. Andrew's Society of Charleston Records, 1729-2001
- Eola Willis Cuban Photograph Collection, circa 1895-1910
- City Year Books for Charleston, South Carolina, 1880-1951
- J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937 - 1988
- The Thomas Haythe Rare Book Collection
- 1967 King Street Survey Collection
- Mulberry Castle: Land of My Dreams
- Laura Bragg Papers
News & Events
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!
- The “Esau Jenkins Papers, 1963-2003” Collection Has Been Updated!