099. Kate Ferguson to F.R. Barker -- January 11th (ca. 1864)
- 099. Kate Ferguson to F.R. Barker -- January 11th (ca. 1864)
- Creator (Personal):
- Heyward and Ferguson families, 1806-1923
- Kate Ferguson, wife of Samuel Wragg Ferguson, writes to her husband's godmother. This undated letter was apparently written after Samuel Ferguson's promotion to brigadier general in the Confederate army. She relates how "Ferguson's command is now resting from his last terrible raid" and that "Capt Nugent and William Barker have not yet returned from Deer Creek." 4p.
- Collection Title:
- Heyward and Ferguson Family Papers, 1806-1923
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Confederate States of America. Army
Ferguson, Samuel Wragg, 1834-1917
- Geographic Subject:
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- Mss 0092
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 700 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL scanner, Archival Master is a tiff.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Public domain.
- Access Information:
- For more information, contact Special Collections, College of Charleston Libraries, 66 George Street, Charleston SC 29424.
- Admin ID: