[The Opening of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem]
- [The Opening of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem]
- Print reproduction of Leopold Pilichowski's painting The Opening of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, depicting the ceremonies held on April 1, 1925. Notables, including Herbert Samuel, Chaim Weizmann, Nahum Sokolow, Hayim Nahman Bialik, and Chief Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook, are grouped about Arthur Balfour, who is seen delivering the inaugural address.
- Collection Title:
- William A. Rosenthall Judaica Collection - Prints and Photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Weizmann, Chaim, 1874-1952
Balfour, Arthur James, 1848-1930
Samuel, Herbert Louis Samuel, Viscount, 1870-1963
Sokolow, Nahum, 1859-1936
Bialik, Hayyim Nahman, 1873-1934
Kook, Abraham Isaac, 1865-1935
Pilichowski, Leopold, 1869-1933
- Topical Subject:
- Rabbis, Zionists, and Jewish politicians
- Geographic Subject:
- Shelving Locator:
- Print Portfolio 11,cofc-war-print11-032
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- Scanned with Epson Expression 10000 XL, 250 ppi, 24-bit color. Archival tiff image available.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Public domain.
- Access Information:
- For more information contact Special Collections at the College of Charleston Libraries, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: