Gen. P. G. T. Beauregard Letter, June 25, 1863
- Gen. P. G. T. Beauregard Letter, June 25, 1863
- Creator (Personal):
- Beauregard, P. G. T. (Pierre Gustave Toutant), 1818-1893
- This letter from Gen. Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard (1818-1893) to South Carolina Gov. Milledge Luke Bonham (1813-1890) was written from his headquarters in Charleston, South Carolina, on June 25, 1863. Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard became the first brigadier general in the Confederate States Army. He commanded the defenses of Charleston, South Carolina, on April 12, 1861, and later returned to defend the city from repeated attacks by U.S. forces. This letter is in reference to the defense of the battery at Taber's Point on the Santee River. Signed original. Paper watermarked WEBB & HUNT, LIVERPOOL with an anchor symbol.
- Collection Title:
- Confederate Military Correspondence
- Contributing Institution:
- Coastal Carolina University, Horry County Archives Center
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Confederate States of America. Army. South Carolina Infantry Battalion, 6th
Niernsee, John Rudolph, 1814-1885
Bonham, M. L. (Milledge Luke), 1813-1890
- Geographic Subject:
- Charleston (S.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865, Confederate States of America--Armed Forces--Ordnance and ordnance stores--History, Confederate States of America--Defenses, Charleston (S.C.)--History, Military, and Columbia (S.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.) and Richland County (S.C.)
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 600 dpi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL, Archival masters are tiffs.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Public domain.
- Access Information:
- For more information contact Horry County Archives Center at Coastal Carolina University, Conway, SC 29526.
- Admin ID: