You selected "Nepal" Photograph Album, 1949, Page 76 from the "Nepal" Photograph Album, 1949. Click the Image Below to View It.
"Nepal" Photograph Album, 1949
- "Nepal" Photograph Album, 1949
- This album is comprised of photographs, letters, newspaper clippings, and other documents from the Dillon Ripley Nepal Expedition, in which Getrude Legendre and others participated. The expedition was sponsored by the National Geographic Society, The Smithsonian Institute, and Yale University, and included travel through Nepalese villages, temples, and mountains, including Mount Everest.
- Collection Title:
- Gertrude Sanford Legendre Papers, 1844-1996
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Gertrude Sanford Legendre Papers: Scrapbooks and Photo Albums
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Legendre, Gertrude Sanford, 1902-2000
Wentzel, Volkmar Kurt, 1915-2006
National Geographic Society (U.S.)
Ripley, S. Dillon (Sidney Dillon), 1913-2001
- Topical Subject:
- Mountains, Camping, Temples, Villages, Hiking, and Scientific expeditions
- Geographic Subject:
- Shelving Locator:
- Mss 182, PA1949a
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 400 dpi, 24-bit depth, color, Bookeye 4V1, Archival masters are tiffs.
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Copyright © College of Charleston Libraries
- Access Statement:
- This work is licensed for educational use only.
- Access Information:
- For more information contact Special Collections at Addlestone Library, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC, 29424.
- Admin ID:
- Admin ID (Page)