The Jewish manner of Holding Up the Law in the sight of the people, at Duke's Place, London
- The Jewish manner of Holding Up the Law in the sight of the people, at Duke's Place, London
- Creator (Personal):
- Black-and-white engraving depicting lifting the Torah in the synagogue. The synagogue is identified by the title as Great Synagogue in London at Duke's Place. The engraving, however, is a copy of an engraving by Bernard Picart depicting the Protuguese Synagogue in the Hague. From Thornton's History of London, published London: A. Hogg.
- Collection Title:
- William A. Rosenthall Judaica Collection - Prints and Photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Haagse Snoge
Great Synagogue (London, England)
- Topical Subject:
- Torah scrolls, Synagogues--England--London, Jews--Social life and customs, Judaism--Customs and practices, and Synagogues--Netherlands--Hague
- Geographic Subject:
- London (England) and Hague (Netherlands)
- Shelving Locator:
- Print Portfolio 13,cofc-war-print13-082
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- Scanned with Epson Expression 10000 XL, 250 ppi, 24-bit color. Archival tiff image available.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Public domain.
- Access Information:
- For more information contact Special Collections at the College of Charleston Libraries, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: