The Ignominy of the XXth Century
- The Ignominy of the XXth Century
- Color postcard with a reproduction of a painting by Michael Califano entitled The Ignominy of the Twentieth Century. The painting depicts Albert Einstein facing Adolf Hitler, who stands in front of a bloody sword. An inscription on the back reads: "Neither hatred nor persecution can stay the progress of science and civilization."
- Collection Title:
- William A. Rosenthall Judaica Collection - Postcards
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945
Einstein, Albert, 1879-1955
Califano, M., 1899 or 1900-1979
- Topical Subject:
- Jewish scientists
- Shelving Locator:
- Postcard Portfolio 19 v2,cofc-war-postcard19-v2-124
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- Scanned with Epson Expression 10000 XL, 600 ppi, 24-bit color. Archival tiff image available.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Copyright status undetermined.
- Access Information:
- For more information contact Special Collections at the College of Charleston Libraries, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: