Letter from James Mitchell Varnum to Nathanael Greene
- Letter from James Mitchell Varnum to Nathanael Greene
- Creator (Personal):
- Varnum, James M. (James Mitchell), 1748-1789
- Letter from James Mitchell Varnum to Nathanael Greene regarding general politics and how he believes the country should be organized after the war. Varnum goes on to criticize Congress and discuss the lack of men and funds to continue much longer in the war.
- Collection Title:
- Charleston Museum Collection of Revolutionary War Letters
- Contributing Institution:
- The Charleston Museum Archives
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Greene, Nathanael, 1742-1786--Military service
Greene, Nathanael, 1742-1786
Greene, Nathanael, 1742-1786--Correspondence
Greene, Nathanael, 1742-1786--Military leadership
- Topical Subject:
- War, armed forces, and society
- Geographic Subject:
- Savannah River (Ga. and S.C.), Williamsburg County (S.C.), United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783, and United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--American forces
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 600 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL, Archival Masters are tiffs.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Public domain.
- Access Information:
- For more information contact The Charleston Museum, 360 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403.
- Admin ID: