Photographs from the White Pines Series of Architectural Monographs
- Photographs from the White Pines Series of Architectural Monographs
- Creator (Personal):
- Whitehead, Russell F. (Russell Fenimore), 1884-1954 and Clark, Kenneth, 1884-1931
- This collection of gelatin silver photographs by Kenneth Clark consists of the original prints that were reproduced in three issues of the White Pine Series of Architectural Monographs, published by Russell F. Whitehead. The series was intended to provide 'intimate treatises of the architecture of the American colonies of the early Republic presented with well ordered completeness, to further a broader understanding and to create a permanent record of Early American architecture.' In 1928, five issues highlighted Charleston architecture. The photographs feature Charleston buildings, street scenes, views, and architectural details. They appeared in three of the five Charleston issues: 'The Charm of Charleston: A New World City of Old World Memories' (vol. XIV, no. 2), 'Some Charleston Mansions' (vol. XIV, no. 4), and 'The Edwards-Smyth House' (vol. XIV, no.6).
- Collection Title:
- White Pines Series of Architectural Monographs Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Margaretta Childs Archives at Historic Charleston Foundation
- Topical Subject:
- Historic buildings--South Carolina--Charleston, Church buildings--South Carolina--Charleston, Architecture--Details, Cemeteries--South Carolina--Charleston, Gates, Outbuildings--South Carolina--Charleston, Ironwork, and Interior architecture
- Geographic Subject:
- Charleston (S.C.)--Buildings, structures, and etc.
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 600 dpi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Perfection V600, Archival masters are tiffs.
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2014, Margaretta Childs Archives at Historic Charleston Foundation. All rights reserved. For more information contact Historic Charleston Foundation; P.O. Box 1120; Charleston, SC 29402.
- Admin ID: