"Free Huey" pin
- "Free Huey" pin
- Yellow "Free Huey" pin depicting Huey P. Newton, co-founder of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense established in Oakland, California in 1966.
- Collection Title:
- Walter Pantovic Artifact Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Avery Research Center at the College of Charleston
- Media Type:
- Topical Subject:
- African American political activists, Black power--United States--20th century, African Americans--Civil rights--20th century, Black Panther Party, Black militant organizations--California, United States--Race relations--20th century, and Newton, Huey P.
- Geographic Subject:
- United States and Oakland (Calif.)
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 300 dpi; Nikon D80 camera; archival images in .tif and .nef formats.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: