"Free Angela" pin
- "Free Angela" pin
- Peach-colored "Free Angela" pin depicting Angela Davis, political activist associated with the Black Panther Party for Self Defense that was established in 1966 in Oakland, California. Pin also reads "Free all political prisoners."
- Collection Title:
- Walter Pantovic Artifact Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Avery Research Center at the College of Charleston
- Media Type:
- Topical Subject:
- African American political activists, Black power--United States--20th century, African Americans--Civil rights--20th century, Black Panther Party, Black militant organizations--California, Davis, Angela Y. (Angela Yvonne), 1944-, and United States--Race relations--20th century
- Geographic Subject:
- United States and Oakland (Calif.)
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 300 dpi; Nikon D80 camera; archival images in .tif and .nef formats.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: