- Slave badge
- Copper slave badge, square in shape. Face is stamped "Charleston 1840 Servant 1869." 1840 is the year produced and 1869 signifies that it was the 1,869th "servant" badge sold that year.
- Collection Title:
- Walter Pantovic Artifact Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Avery Research Center at the College of Charleston
- Media Type:
- Topical Subject:
- Slavery--South Carolina--Charleston, Slavery--Law and legislation--South Carolina--Charleston, Slaves--Employment--South Carolina--Charleston, Slaves--Legal status, laws, etc.--South Carolina--Charleston, and Badges--South Carolina--Charleston
- Geographic Subject:
- Southern States, South Carolina, South Atlantic States, Charleston (S.C.)--Race relations, and Charleston (S.C.)--Economic conditions
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 300 dpi; Nikon D80 camera; archival images in .tif and .nef formats.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: