- Ostrich egg
- Ostrich egg shell for storing and drinking water; "Happy Easter Josephine" is inscribed along with two hearts, most likely an Easter gift from Colin Turnbull to Joseph Towles during their time studying the Ik people of Uganda.
- Collection Title:
- Joseph A. Towles Artifact Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Avery Research Center at the College of Charleston
- Media Type:
- Topical Subject:
- Ik (African people), Towles, Joseph A., Turnbull, Colin M., Easter eggs, Eggshells, Ostriches, and Beverage containers
- Geographic Subject:
- Africa, Uganda, Africa, Sub-Saharan, and Africa, East
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 300 dpi; Nikon D80 camera; archival images in .tif and .nef formats.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2009, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: