Ivory hair pin
- Ivory hair pin
- Ivory hairpin, curved with a pointed tip on one end and the other a carved head of a woman; hair is that of a Mangbetu woman, decoration on torso.
- Collection Title:
- Joseph A. Towles Artifact Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Avery Research Center at the College of Charleston
- Media Type:
- Topical Subject:
- Mangbetu (African people), Ivory--Africa, Africa, Central, Hair ornaments--Africa, and Hairpins--Africa
- Geographic Subject:
- Africa, Africa, Sub-Saharan, and Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 300 dpi; Nikon D80 camera; archival images in .tif and .nef formats.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2009, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: