- Female doll wearing a white dress and yellow sash with the beaded letters "UOMO" and a heart on it. She is decorated with many charms, including coins, beads, and cowrie shells. Two of the coins have inscribed on them "Republic of West Africa." Origin Gambia.
- Collection Title:
- Catherine and James Yatsco Collection
- Contributing Institution:
- Avery Research Center at the College of Charleston
- Media Type:
- Topical Subject:
- Dolls--Gambia, Gambia--Social life and customs, and Decoration and ornament--Africa, West
- Geographic Subject:
- Africa, Sub-Saharan, Africa, West, and Gambia
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 300 dpi; Nikon D80 camera; archival images in .tif and .nef formats.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2010, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: