The Royal Exchange. Tom pointing out to Jerry a few of the primest features of Life in London.
- The Royal Exchange. Tom pointing out to Jerry a few of the primest features of Life in London.
- Creator (Personal):
- Hand-colored engraving of financiers gathered at the Royal Exchange in London. Several Jewish figures are present in the scene, including Sir Moses Montefiore in conversation with Nathan Mayer Rothschild. Drawn and engraved by Isaac Robert Cruikshank and George Cruikshank, published London: Sherwood, Neely & Jones. From Life in London or, the Day and Night Scenes of Jerry Hawthorn, esq., and his elegant friend, Corinthian Tom, accompanied by Bob Logic, the Oxonian, in their rambles and sprees through the Metropolis by Pierce Egan.
- Collection Title:
- William A. Rosenthall Judaica Collection - Prints and Photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Royal Exchange (London, England)
Montefiore, Moses, Sir, 1784-1885
Rothschild, Nathan Meyer, 1777-1836
- Topical Subject:
- Jews--Caricatures and cartoons, Satire, and Jewish bankers
- Geographic Subject:
- London (England)
- Shelving Locator:
- Print Portfolio 04,cofc-war-print04-026
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- Scanned with Epson Perfection 4870 Photo, 800 ppi, 24-bit color. Archival tiff image available.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2011, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: