179. M. Munro to Maria Heyward -- September 24, 1862
- 179. M. Munro to Maria Heyward -- September 24, 1862
- Creator (Personal):
- Heyward and Ferguson families, 1806-1923
- Letter from M. Munro to Maria Heyward concerning the deaths of their sons at the Second Battle of Bull Run who were killed by the same shell, August 29, 1862. Mrs. Munro writes that she is planning on retrieving the hastily buried body of her son and since Maria's son, Nathaniel, is in the same grave she inquires whether or not Maria would like to coordinate a plan to disinter her son as well. She notes that according to her information neither body "can be disinterred alone, without some violence or exposures, offered to the precious remains,..., if either of us, undertake this work alone." 4p. September 24, 1862.
- Collection Title:
- Heyward and Ferguson Family Papers, 1806-1923
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Confederate States of America. Army. South Carolina Infantry Regiment, 1st.
- Topical Subject:
- Bull Run, 2nd Battle of, Va., 1862
- Geographic Subject:
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- MSS 0092
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 700 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL scanner, Archival Master is a tiff.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2009, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: