118. Memorandum for purchase of Fife Plantation -- January, 7, 1852
- 118. Memorandum for purchase of Fife Plantation -- January, 7, 1852
- Creator (Personal):
- Heyward and Ferguson families, 1806-1923
- Memorandum for purchase of Fife Plantation by Nathaniel Heyward (III), James B. Heyward, and William Henry Heyward from Daniel Heyward Hamilton. The memorandum declares the property will be jointly held by the three and all monies made will either go back into the plantation for operating costs or to pay back the principal and interest of the loan. In addition to the property and slaves of Fife Plantation the Heywards purchased an additional forty slaves from the estate of "Mrs. Hamilton." 3p. January 7, 1852.
- Collection Title:
- Heyward and Ferguson Family Papers, 1806-1923
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Heyward family
- Topical Subject:
- Slavery--South Carolina and Plantation life--South Carolina
- Geographic Subject:
- Fife Plantation (S.C.)
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- MSS 0092
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 700 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL scanner, Archival Master is a tiff.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Public domain.
- Access Information:
- For more information, contact Special Collections, College of Charleston Libraries, 66 George Street, Charleston SC 29424.
- Admin ID: