183. John W. Chambers to James B. Heyward -- November 1, 1862
- 183. John W. Chambers to James B. Heyward -- November 1, 1862
- Creator (Personal):
- Heyward and Ferguson families, 1806-1923
- Letter from John W. Chambers to James B. Heyward concerning his slave, John, the body servant of James' deceased son Nathaniel. Captain Chambers writes that sending James' servant to Richmond is problematic because of the heavy travel on the rail route and that "it is with difficulty a white person can engage a passage and any servant would be compelled to walk." 1p. November 1, 1862.
- Collection Title:
- Heyward and Ferguson Family Papers, 1806-1923
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Confederate States of America. Army. South Carolina Infantry Regiment, 1st.
- Topical Subject:
- Slavery--South Carolina
- Geographic Subject:
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- Mss 0092;0644_Box1Folder23.jpg
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 700 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL scanner, Archival Master is a tiff.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2009, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: