Business Guide of Charleston, S.C.
- Business Guide of Charleston, S.C.
- Creator (Corporate):
- Cooke, Howard & Co.
- Directory of local businesses of all sorts. Published by Cooke, Howard & Co. (Baltimore, Md.), ca. 1889. Advertisements interspersed throughout, many of which are illustrated. Business types include bakers and confectioners, barbers, blacksmiths, building materials, butchers, contractors and builders, cigars and tobacco, groceries, furniture, hotels, insurance, house furnishings, painters, plumbers, railroad companies, restaurants, sailmakers, tailors, tin roofing, undertakers, wines and liquors, wheelwrights, and others. Also includes listings for municipal and state government, with names of offices and officers; listings of cemeteries, parks, halls, public buildings, and other points of interest; and a street directory that includes boundaries. In addition to an alphabetical index, the business guide is arranged by type. Missing map. 130 p., ill., 18 cm. (Note: Page numbering starts at 4 on the title page verso, after six unnumbered preliminary pages.)
- Collection Title:
- Historic Charleston Foundation Monographs and Photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- Margaretta Childs Archives at Historic Charleston Foundation
- Media Type:
- Topical Subject:
- Lost architecture--South Carolina--Charleston
- Geographic Subject:
- Charleston (S.C.)--Directories, Charleston (S.C.)--Commerce--Directories, Charleston (S.C.)--Commerce--19th century, and Charleston (S.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 300 ppi, 24-bit depth color, HP Scanjet 4890. Archival Masters are tiffs.
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2010, Historic Charleston Foundation. All rights reserved. For more information contact Margaretta Childs Archives at HCF, P.O. Box 1120, Charleston, SC 29402.
- Admin ID: