Plantations, The Wedge
- Plantations, The Wedge
- 4" X 5" image of an outbuilding (slave cabin?) taken by a member of the American Association of Museums at their meeting held in Charleston to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Charleston Museum. Handwritten below a similar image in scrapbook commemorating the meeting is written: 'Between The Wedge and Harrietta.' It is unknown on which property the building was located.
- Collection Title:
- Charleston Museum Plantation Photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- The Charleston Museum Archives
- Media Type:
- The original plantation lands are located party in Charleston County (the house) and partly in Georgetown County (rice fields). Property now houses the University of South Carolina's International Center for Public Health Research.
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- American Association of Museums. Meeting
University of South Carolina
- Topical Subject:
- Plantations -- South Carolina, Outbuildings, and Slaves--Dwellings
- Geographic Subject:
- Low Country, Charleston County (S.C.), and Georgetown County (S.C.)
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- MK 22346h
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 800 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL, Archival Masters are tiffs.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2011, The Charleston Museum Archives. All rights reserved. For more information contact The Charleston Museum, 360 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403.
- Admin ID: