Plantations, Blake's Plantation
- Plantations, Blake's Plantation
- 5" X 7" photo of a large group of men and women standing on the porch of a building. the porch has logs for columns. Appears to be the old Blake House which was bought in 1898 for the Santee Club. Group is identified as the members of the American Association of Museums when in Charleston for their annual meeting in 1923. This meeting coincided with the 150th anniversary of the Charleston Museum.
- Collection Title:
- Charleston Museum Plantation Photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- The Charleston Museum Archives
- Media Type:
- The land is now part of the Santee Coastal Reserve managed by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- American Association of Museums. Meeting
South Carolina. Dept. of Natural Resources
- Topical Subject:
- Plantations -- South Carolina, Clubs, and Natural areas
- Geographic Subject:
- Low Country and Charleston County (S.C.)
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 800 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL, Archival Masters are tiffs.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2011, The Charleston Museum Archives. All rights reserved. For more information contact The Charleston Museum, 360 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403.
- Admin ID: