Plantations, Blake's Plantation
- Plantations, Blake's Plantation
- 4" X 5 1/4" image of a man using a hand plane, making shingles. Photo was taken during the meeting of the American Association of Museums held in Charleston to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the founding of the Charleston Museum. Similar images found in a scrapbook commemorating the meeting indicate this to be a live demonstration at the Santee Club.
- Collection Title:
- Charleston Museum Plantation Photographs
- Contributing Institution:
- The Charleston Museum Archives
- Media Type:
- The land is now part of the Santee Coastal Reserve managed by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- American Association of Museums. Meeting
South Carolina. Dept. of Natural Resources
- Topical Subject:
- Plantations -- South Carolina, Shingles, African American men, Clubs, Natural areas, and Planes (Hand tools)
- Geographic Subject:
- Low Country and Charleston County (S.C.)
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- MK 22346c
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 800 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL, Archival Masters are tiffs.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2011, The Charleston Museum Archives. All rights reserved. For more information contact The Charleston Museum, 360 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403.
- Admin ID: