2000 letter from Martha Bauer to Eileen Chepenik, page 1
- 2000 letter from Martha Bauer to Eileen Chepenik, page 1
- Creator (Personal):
- Bauer, Martha Mondschein, 1915-2002
- This letter to Eilleen Chepenik from Martha Bauer refers to the photos of her aunt and uncle, Mathilde and Adolf Mondschein, and the parents of her husband Felix, Risa and Rudolf Bauer, that were donated to the collection. In it she also mentions the death of Risa and Rudolf Bauer in Auschitwz, and the unknown fate of her aunt and uncle who "were like parents to me." She also mentions that her sister, Claire, was still alive and living in Atlanta.
- Collection Title:
- Martha Mondschein Bauer Papers, 1940-2001
- Contributing Institution:
- College of Charleston Libraries
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp)
Bauer, Martha Mondschein, 1915-2002
- Topical Subject:
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)--Personal narratives, Jews--Germany--Cologne--History--20th century, Jews--Germany--Pictorial works, and Jews—Germany--History--1933-1945
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 480 ppi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Perfection 4870 scanner, Archival Master is a tiff.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Digital image copyright 2007, The College of Charleston Libraries. All rights reserved. For more information contact The College of Charleston Library, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: