You selected Mary Motte Alston Pringle Receipt Book, Page 35 from the Mary Motte Alston Pringle Receipt Book. Click the Image Below to View It.
Mary Motte Alston Pringle Receipt Book
- Mary Motte Alston Pringle Receipt Book
- Creator (Personal):
- Pringle, Mary Motte Alston, 1803-1884
- Receipt book belonging to Mary Motte Alston Pringle containing recipes, methods and remedies for food, housekeeping, and medicine from family, friends, articles and world travelers. Pringle often notes on effectiveness and provides personal anecdotes. Pages numbered 74 through 97 in Pringle's book are blank and therefore omitted. The table of contents can be found at the end of the book.
- Collection Title:
- South Carolina Historical Society Manuscripts
- Contributing Institution:
- South Carolina Historical Society
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Middleton family
- Topical Subject:
- Baking, Cake, Medicine, Puddings, Wine, Breakfasts, Pies, Biscuits, Bread, Cream, Jelly, Soups, Sauces, Coffee, Cooking (Meat), Canning and preserving, Ketchup, Typhoid fever, Dysentery, Carbonated beverages, Bitters, Face--Care and hygiene, Dental care, Candlemaking, Cholera, Dyes and dyeing, Laundry, Soap, Paint, Skin--Care and hygiene, Diarrhea, Elixirs, Tinctures (Pharmacy), Syrups, Cold (Disease), Cough, Tuberculosis, Temperance, Edema, Diphtheria, Indigestion, Laxatives, Menstruation disorders, Breastfeeding, Ointments, Rheumatism, Pills, Wounds and injuries, Smallpox, Scarlatina, Stains and staining, Pleurisy, and Formulas, recipes, etc.
- Geographic Subject:
- Charleston (S.C.), Georgetown (S.C.), Abbeville (S.C.), Edgefield (S.C.), Bluffton (S.C.), Yemassee (S.C.), Society Hill (S.C.), Union (S.C.), Santee (S.C.), and McClellanville (S.C.)
- S.C. County:
- Dorchester County (S.C.), Charleston County (S.C.), Georgetown County (S.C.), Abbeville County (S.C.), Fairfield County (S.C.), Edgefield County (S.C.), Beaufort County (S.C.), Hampton County (S.C.), Darlington County (S.C.), Newberry County (S.C.), and Orangeburg County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 400 dpi, 24-bit depth, color, Bookeye 4 Basic, Archival masters are tiffs.
- Internet Media Type:
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Public Domain.
- Access Information:
- For more information and re-use requirements contact the South Carolina Historical Society, Charleston, SC, 29401.
- Admin ID:
- Admin ID (Page)