Meeting minutes from February 20, 1935
- Meeting minutes from February 20, 1935
- Creator (Corporate):
- Phillis Wheatley Literary and Social Club (Charleston, S.C.)
- Handwritten meeting minutes discussing club business and activities. During the meeting the members discussed doing outreach to white Charlestonians about the conditions of Black people and an idea of handing out the NAACP magazine, the Crisis was presented. Additional meeting matters including sending correspondence to family members to express condolences and W.E.B. DuBois for his bithday.
- Collection Title:
- Phillis Wheatley Literary and Social Club Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- Avery Research Center at the College of Charleston
- Media Type:
- Personal or Corporate Subject:
- Burroughs, Sadie
Phillis Wheatley Literary and Social Club (Charleston, S.C.)--Records and correspondence
Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Topical Subject:
- African Americans--Civil rights, African Americans--Political activity, African Americans--Social conditions, African American women--South Carolina--Charleston--Societies and clubs, and African American women--South Carolina--Charleston--Social life and customs
- Geographic Subject:
- Charleston (S.C.)--Race relations
- S.C. County:
- Charleston County (S.C.)
- Shelving Locator:
- AMN 1031 Box 01 Folder 04
- Date Digital:
- Digitization Specifications:
- 600 dpi, 24-bit depth, color, Epson Expression 10000XL. Archival masters are tiffs.
- Copyright Status Statement:
- Copyright © Avery Research Center
- Access Statement:
- All rights reserved.
- Access Information:
- For more information contact Avery Research Center, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC 29424.
- Admin ID: