Stereoscopic image of a house with a man and chickens ouside. Handwritten caption on verso reads, "House in which Mr. Fielding of Beaufort College lived at the back. The Female Seminary used for the college while the building on Carteret St. was being built. In 1913 the home of Miss Lieler and Mrs. Martha Barnwell. Provost Marshall's Residence."
Stereoscopic image of a captain, his wife, and their two children outside of a residence in Beaufort, South Carolina. The handwritten caption on the verso reads, "Beaufort, SC 1865 Capt. Jos. P. Low a.q.iu, Mrs. Elizabeth N. Low, Havy Niles Low, Alice Lincoln Low."
Stereoscopic image of a large building behind a fence, with a large gate. Sign on the upper porch 'U.S. Sanitary Commission'. A handwritten caption on the verso reads, "Old Rhett House, built by James Verdier, 1814."
Stereoscopic image of a street view of New St., renamed 5th St. during Union occupation, between residential buildings. People visible in the background with a horse and carriage. Handwritten caption on verso reads, "5th Street in Beaufort. New Street."
Stereoscopic image of the Rhett House with three people visible outside. Handwritten caption on verso: "Rhett House Beaufort, SC. Now occupied by U.S. tax commissioners. Milton Maxcy, Rhett, Middleton Elliott, Fr. Smith, Cerr, McLeod"
Stereoscopic image of a building, taken from across the water. The handwritten caption on the verso reads, "Francis Stuart House, Site of Dr. Black, Magnolia Hotel, Used as courthouse 1865-1872 when it was burned."
Stereoscopic image of a Beaufort, South Carolina residence and a horse drawn carriage parked by the road. The caption on the verso reads, "Ordinance Office, Beaufort, SC" and, "Barnwell, Crocker, Pollitzer, Hirsch."