5" X 7" image of Limerick plantation, showing house from front. There is an empty carriage with a team of horses hitched to it. A man (stablehand?) stands at the horses' head. From list found with glass negative: ',27 Limerick Plantation, next to Kensington, East branch of Cooper, west side.'
5 1/4" X 3 1/4" image with (only partially legible) '...to the ruin...___see Island house' handwritten on reverse. Assumed to mean the Jehossee Island house once owned by William Aiken. Two-story wood frame house with four men standing near the corner.
5" X 7" image of house at Kensington plantation showing a front view with children sitting on the step. From list found with glass negative: '26 Kensington Plantation, next to Bosis, East branch of Cooper River, west side.'
4 3/4" X 6 3/4" image of Pine Grove Plantation. The main house has a portico with a porch and wooden railing that extends on either side. The stairway with wide concrete banisters ascends to the porch. The house is partially obscured by a large oak tree.
7 3/4" X 4 3/4" image with 'The Haze (sic) ("Ingleside")' written on reverse and caption at bottom, front: 'Ingleside, S.C.' Image shows a two-story, brick house in a rural setting. There is a smaller outbuilding visible to the right. There are several people posed in front, including three African-American women. An ox-drawn cart is also out front carrying a woman and two children. A man stands at the ox's head and another at the rear of the wagon. A horse-drawn buggy is parked to the far right by the fence.
Handwritten on reverse: 'Eutaw, residence of Mr. Wm. H. Sinkler of Eutawville, S.C. Built 1810.' Image measures 3 3/4" X 4 3/4". Note: Submerged under Lake Marion, St. John's Berkeley Parish, Orangeburg County. Original plantation lands were located near present-day Eutaw Springs and were between the Santee River and Eutaw Creek. Eutaw was originally in Berkeley County, but in 1908 the county lines were redrawn and the plantation became part of Orangeburg County.
3 1/4" X 5 1/2" image of the front view of The Launch. Property is also known as Middleton's Plantation and sometimes referred to as Dr. Pope's residence. There is a vintage automobile parked in front.
5" X 7" image of a two-story wooden house with an attic and two chimneys. An (empty) porch runs the length of the house. Windows are all shuttered. From list found with glass negative: 'Wooden addition adjoining for many years the home of old Mr. Keating Ball and Miss Ann Deas.'
3 1/4" X 5 3/4" image showing front view of a two-story, raised house. The openings under the house are large enough to use as a garage and vintage automobiles are parked there. Front steps lead up to a porch that runs the length of the house and partway down the left side. On the right hand side are two wooden dependencies (sheds). Moss covered oaks are in the foreground. Believed to be Blessing plantation house.