Photograph of Randolph Hall, Towell Library and the cistern yard showing the aftermath of Hurricane Hugo. Construction of Randolph Hall, the most recognizable building at the College, began in 1828 under the direction of architect William Strickland. Flanking wings and portico for the main building were designed by Edward Brickell White and erected circa 1850. In 1886 the wings were destroyed by the Charleston earthquake and rebuilt between 1888 to 1894 under the direction of Gabriel Manigault.
Photograph of a student inside the Robert Scott Small Library, 175 Calhoun St. Dedicated in 1972, the library was one of the first academic buildings constructed during the major expansion of the 1970's. Wings were added in 1975.
Photograph of the Albert Simons Center for the Arts, 50 St. Philip St. Built in 1977, the center was named for Charleston architect and fine arts instructor Albert Simons, whose firm designed the building.
Photograph of a student sitting at a desk in Buist Rivers Residence Hall, 13 College Way. Built in 1967, this four story residence hall is named after G.L. Buist Rivers, a 1916 graduate of the College and former president of the board of trustees.