A four-page typed document chronicling the history of the Ansonborough property from 1696 with Isaac Mazyck's Propietary Grant through the segmentation of the property beginning in 1759 through a purchase in 1904. The development of the various streets in the Ansonborough area and the building of houses is also discussed.
Provided on the front of this two-sided typed document is information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned. A small piece of paper taped to the back reads: "Kindness of: Mr. Gedney M. Howe."
This one-page typed document provides information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned.
This three-page typed document details the use of monies in the Historic Charleston Foundation Revolving Fund, stipulated by six points written by the Foundation. Six plans for purchase of properties are also included.
In this two-page typed document, the ownership history of 72 Anson Street is traced back to 1696, under Isaac Mazyck. Subsequent property grants are also discussed, ending in 1901 with the sale of the property to Charles G. Leslie.
A one-page typed letter from Mrs. S. Henry Edmunds, Director of Historic Charleston Foundation, in response to a letter from Mr. Alan B. Anson, descendant of Admiral Lord Anson, providing historical information about the neighborhood.
This one-page typed document provides a real estate statement for Historic Charleston Foundations bought, sold, and improved living units, a financial statement for investments in the Ansonborough neighborhood, investments and income in the properties under rental endowment, and improvements and on Wentworth Street.
This three-page typed document includes a table providing information for numerous Ansonborough properties. The properties are organized by street, which include Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, Society Street, Laurens Street, Anson Street, and George Street. Informational categories include ownership, Historic Charleston Foundation's involvement with the property, number of improved living units at the property, and financial investments in the property.
This two-page, front and back, handwritten document includes notes for various properties on Anson Street, Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, and George Street. It appears that these notes indicate the property owners.