This one-page typed document provides information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned.
Provided on the front of this two-sided typed document is information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned. A small piece of paper taped to the back reads: "Kindness of: Mr. Gedney M. Howe."
This three-page typed document details the use of monies in the Historic Charleston Foundation Revolving Fund, stipulated by six points written by the Foundation. Six plans for purchase of properties are also included.
In this two-page typed document, the ownership history of 72 Anson Street is traced back to 1696, under Isaac Mazyck. Subsequent property grants are also discussed, ending in 1901 with the sale of the property to Charles G. Leslie.
A one-page typed letter from Mrs. S. Henry Edmunds, Director of Historic Charleston Foundation, in response to a letter from Mr. Alan B. Anson, descendant of Admiral Lord Anson, providing historical information about the neighborhood.
This one-page typed document provides a real estate statement for Historic Charleston Foundations bought, sold, and improved living units, a financial statement for investments in the Ansonborough neighborhood, investments and income in the properties under rental endowment, and improvements and on Wentworth Street.
This four-page typed document includes age, ownership history, architectural, financial, and size information for numerous properties in the Ansonborough neighborhood. Also includes information regarding rehabilitation efforts for the properties and renovation status.
This two-page typed document provides a progress report on properties in the Ansonborough neighborhood owned by Historic Charleston Foundation and an estimate of the financial investment made in the area.
This three-page, handwritten document lists numerous Ansonborough properties, organized by street, and provides information regarding the purchase and/or sale of the property by Historic Charleston Foundation, rental endowments, contracts with Historic Charleston Foundation, improvements to the property either by the owner with funds from Historic Charleston Foundation, or directly by Historic Charleston Foundation, number of improved living spaces in each property, financial investment by Historic Charleston Foundation, and estimates for other investments. Properties on Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, Society Street, Laurens Street, Anson Street, and East Bay Street are included.