Provided on the front of this two-sided typed document is information regarding the property on the city block between Calhoun, Meeting, George, and King Streets. A small piece of paper taped to the back reads: "Kindness of: Mr. Gedney M. Howe."
This two-page typed document provides information for numerous Ansonborough properties, including the owner of the property before Historic Charleston Foundation, to whom the property was sold by Historic Charleston Foundation, and the date of sales.
This four-page typed questionnaire was intended for organizations benefitting from the Historic Charleston's Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project Revolving Fund. Question topics include: Loan request process; administration and policy for funds provided, including policies for historic preservation; use of funds; and results. handwritten notes also appear on the document.
This three-page, handwritten document lists numerous Ansonborough properties, organized by street, and provides information regarding the purchase and/or sale of the property by Historic Charleston Foundation, rental endowments, contracts with Historic Charleston Foundation, improvements to the property either by the owner with funds from Historic Charleston Foundation, or directly by Historic Charleston Foundation, number of improved living spaces in each property, financial investment by Historic Charleston Foundation, and estimates for other investments. Properties on Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, Society Street, Laurens Street, Anson Street, and East Bay Street are included.
This three-page typed informational introduction and outline provides an overview of historic buildings in Charleston, effects of industrialization on the city, and encourages readers to donate to the Historic Charleston Foundation's Revolving Fund. The outline details goals for use of Revolving Fund monies.
This three-page typed document details the use of monies in the Historic Charleston Foundation Revolving Fund, stipulated by six points written by the Foundation. Six plans for purchase of properties are also included.
In this two-page typed document, the ownership history of 72 Anson Street is traced back to 1696, under Isaac Mazyck. Subsequent property grants are also discussed, ending in 1901 with the sale of the property to Charles G. Leslie.