Black-and-white photograph of two men and three women outside. Writing on back of image reads, "McLeod house James Island - near north entrance. Left to right: Mr. Cunnings, W.E.McLeod, Mrs. S.L. Lebby, Miss McLeod and Miss Cunnings. About 1940. The Cunnings of Carring, N.Y. a friend of the Lebbys."
Scene on Meeting Street just south of the "Four Corners of Law" on Broad Street. Features the Federal Courthouse and Post Office and St. Michael's Church in foreground, and the County Courthouse and City Hall in background. Numerous cars are parked in front of the Federal Courthouse, with pedestrians on the sidewalk.
Looking north on Church Street from the northeast corner of Chalmers Street. Features buildings on the west side of the street: 129 Church, 131 Church, and the Dock Street Theater). Also in view are buildings on the east side of the street: 18 Chalmers Street, 132 Church Street, and St. Philip's Church). Cars are parked on the street.
View of the intersection of Broad and Meeting Streets, featuring the Federal Courthouse and Post Office and St. Michael's Church. A car, motorcycle, and bus are on the street the street. Also shows pedestrian activity.
View of Market Hall, southwest elevation, including market sheds, and the corner of Market and Meeting Streets. Cars on street and pedestrian crossing the street. Cravens Delco Radio [store] on North Market Street at left.
Looking north on East Battery Street from near the bend at White Point Gardens. Pedestrian is walking by White Point Gardens. Louis Desaussure House (1 East Battery) at center; Missroon House (40 East Bay Street) in the distance.
Looking west on Murray Boulevard from the bend at East Battery. Edge of White Point Gardens in view at right; Fort Sumter Hotel (now known as the Fort Sumter House at 1 King Street) in background. Cars on the road.
Looking west on Broad Street at 110 Broad Street (Bishop Northrop residence a/k/a William Harvey House a/k/a Ralph Izard House) and 114 Broad Street (Col. Thomas Pinckney House). Cars parked along the street.
Looking north on Church Street from Chalmers Street. Features buildings on the west side of the street: 127 Church, 129 Church, 131 Church, and the Dock Street Theater). Also in view are buildings on the east side of the street: 18 Chalmers Street, 132 Church Street, and St. Philip's Church). Cars are parked on the street.
A photograph album created by William Muckenfuss for Mrs. Frances A. Robb, in the 1940s. Album contains photographs of various Charleston buildings, houses, landmarks, sites, events, battleships, and people as well as other Lowcountry places. Mrs. Robb lived on Wentworth Street and several photographs are of her home and neighborhood.
Black and white negative of the exterior of a rural house with two occupants sitting on porch steps; Kosiner wrote "Negro Shack" on the envelope containing this negative; Postcard series #24; Negative has turned green, 1940; 17 x 12.5 cm.