A photograph album created by William Muckenfuss for Mrs. Frances A. Robb, in the 1940s. Album contains photographs of various Charleston buildings, houses, landmarks, sites, events, battleships, and people as well as other Lowcountry places. Mrs. Robb lived on Wentworth Street and several photographs are of her home and neighborhood.
High Holiday seating ticket for the Templul Coral (Choral Temple) in Bucharest, including a black-and-white illustration of the synagogue's exterior. The synagogue is a replica of the Leopoldstädter Tempel in Vienna.
Photograph of Church Street, looking south from the corner of Broad Street at 49 Broad (right foreground), showing the scene on the street after the tornadoes of September 29, 1938. Fallen tree lies across the street; debris and water cover the street. Onlookers are on the street. 105 Church and 107 Church can also be seen.
Photograph of Lamboll Street elevation of 19 King Street [Thomas Lamboll House] after the tornadoes of September 29, 1938, showing the damage done to the piazzas and roof. Men are standing on the roof.
Photograph of wooden building demolished by the first tornado of September 29, 1938. The photograph is marked with a small green X to show the location of the body of a man killed by the tornado. Handwritten on back of photo: "1st tornado came in by Battery near Miller's junk yard - Laurence [Laurens?] Street. This shed is on top of small Negro house. The Negro was dead when found. Sept. 29, '38."
Photograph of the Viohl Hay & Grain warehouse demolished by the tornado of September 29, 1938. Located at the northwest corner of Vendue Range and Concord Street (address 14 Vendue Range). Portion of the building across the street can be seen at left. Steeple of St. Michael's Church in the distance at right. Handwritten on back of photo: "Taken in front of the Clyde Line Steam Ship Co. on Concord Street. Vohls Grain Place. Tornado - Sept. 29, 1938. In distance is St. Michael's Church steeple."
Photograph of the I.M. Pearlstine Building (203 East Bay Street), located on the southwest corner of East Bay Street and Street, after the tornado of September 29, 1938, showing the damage done to the building. Also shows 205 East Bay Street, located on the northwest corner of East Bay and Cumberland. "Bay City" heavy equipment vehicle (excavator?) parked in front of building. Pedestrian and a street worker walking on the sidewalk; repairman on the utility pole on the street corner.
Photograph of Broad Street, looking west, showing the scene on the street after the tornadoes of September 29, 1938. South side of the 60 block of Broad Street in foreground; St. Michael's Church and the Charleston County Courthouse in the background. Onlookers and vehicles are on the street.
Photograph showing several dwellings in Fiddlers Green damaged or destroyed by the tornado of 1938. Handwritten on back of photo: "1st tornado hit Fiddlers Green, Negro section by Ashley Bridge, Hilly Street [should be Lilly Street], Sept. 29, '38."
Photograph of a house on Fishburne Street demolished by the tornado of 1938. Neighboring house in view at left. (Both houses would have been on the north side of the 200 block of Fishburne Street.) Handwritten on back of photo: "2nd tornado on Fishburne Street near President Street. Demolished about 60 houses here. This 2nd tornado damage about $6,000,000. 300 houses condemned. Sept. 29, '38."