Exterior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.
Photograph of Green Street (now Green Way) and north side of Randolph Hall in 1920. Construction of Randolph Hall, the most recognizable building at the College, began in 1828 under the direction of architect William Strickland. Flanking wings and portico for the main building were designed by Edward Brickell White and erected circa 1850. In 1886 the wings were destroyed by the Charleston earthquake and rebuilt between 1888 to 1894 under the direction of Gabriel Manigault.
Black-and-white offset print reproduction depicting Jewish men in the National Guard during the November Uprising (1830-1831). From Di Iden in Rusland un Poylen by Israel Friedlaender. Originally printed in Les Israélites de Pologne by Léon Hollaenderski.
5" X 7" image of a gate at an unidentified plantation. This is the opposite view as in MK 245a and MK 245b, note that the eagle is facing the opposite direction. Also there is a bell attached to the column on the right. There is a structure just visible to the right, up the drive.