Caption: 'War Views. No.176. Cheeves' Point Battery, Charleston.' This appears to be a view of the Battery at White Point Gardens. The label which identifies this as Cheeves' (sic) Point Battery is in error. Cheves Battery was located on James Island near what is now Ft. Johnson Estates. This is a stereograph image which measures 3 1/2" X 7".
View of the ruins of St. Finbar's Cathedral, corner of Broad and Legare Streets [where St. John's Cathedral now stands]. Destruction is from the fire of December 1861. Handwritten on reverse: 'A.A. Campbell, Charleston, S.C. March 5. 1868.' This is a stereograph image which measures 3 1/2" X 7".
Caption: 'No.6. Ruins of St. Finbar's Cathedral, Charleston, S.C. These ruins can be seen at the corner of Broad and Friend Streets. It fell a prey to the terrible conflagration of December, 1861. The corner-stone was laid in August, 1852, and it was dedicated in April, 1854. It occupies the site of the old St. Finbar's, a wooden building..' This is a stereograph image which measures 3 1/2" X 7".
Hand-tinted photograph measuring 9" X 7 1/4" that depicts the bombardment of Fort Sumter, April 12th, 1861. Shown in the image: Floating Battery, Fort Moultrie, Fort Sumter, Fort Johnson, Gunboat Lady Dora and William Seabrook.
Caption: 'A detachment of the First South Carolina (Colored) Federal Volunteers, Colonel Beard, repelling an attack of the Confederate troops in the vicinity of Doboy River, Ga. From a sketch by Colonel Brewerton.'
Caption: 'Bombardment of Fort Sumter, as sketched from Morris Island, Charleston Harbor, S.C.' Identified in image: Mortar Battery, Fort Johnson; James Island; City; Castle Pinckney; Fort Sumter; Mount Pleasant; Floating Battery; Mortar Battery; Fort Moultrie; Enfilading Battery; Iron Battery; Sand-bag cover for reserve; Traverse behind Trapier Battery and Magazine covered with sand bags.