Caption: 'No.6. Ruins of St. Finbar's Cathedral, Charleston, S.C. These ruins can be seen at the corner of Broad and Friend Streets. It fell a prey to the terrible conflagration of December, 1861. The corner-stone was laid in August, 1852, and it was dedicated in April, 1854. It occupies the site of the old St. Finbar's, a wooden building..' This is a stereograph image which measures 3 1/2" X 7".
View of the ruins of St. Finbar's Cathedral, corner of Broad and Legare Streets [where St. John's Cathedral now stands]. Destruction is from the fire of December 1861. Handwritten on reverse: 'A.A. Campbell, Charleston, S.C. March 5. 1868.' This is a stereograph image which measures 3 1/2" X 7".
Image shows partially demolished buildings. Rubble piled on the ground to the side and at the front. Assumed to be Charleston but location is unknown. This is a stereograph image which measures 3 1/2" X 7".