Work on paper in watercolor and ink. Pink church surrounded by trees in center. Large trees stand to left and right of church, line of trees in background. Lower portion of white building with brown door partially visible to right of church in background. Two wood gates in left foreground with dirt path leading to church in center foreground. Handwritten note below image identifies building as a church in St. Bartholomew's Parish, burned down by British soldiers and rebuilt after Revolutionary War.
Work on paper in watercolor and ink dated 1796. Large, white Georgian style two story house is fronted by a clear blue stream. In this frontal view, the symmetrical house has two chimneys and four windows on each floor. First floor has elaborate double door while immediately above it on second floor, there is an elaborate window. House is sided by a less ornate taupe building to its left, half hidden by a grove of trees. To the main house's right, a smaller brick support building stands behind an impressive brick and iron gate. Horse-drawn carriage is found waiting outside of the gate. Water visible in background to right of smaller building. Grass visible in foreground, between viewer, water, and house.
Work on paper in watercolor. Landscape with body of water in foreground leading to left side of image, trees and red building in center. Trees on either side of building and a forested area in background. Handwritten note identifies building as Pompion Hill Chapel.
Work on paper in watercolor. Winding dirt trail begins in right foreground and leads to body of water near center. Trees on right side of image and small house on left. River and tree line in background. Handwritten note identifies scene as Mepkin Plantation.
Work on paper in watercolor. Landscape with trees on left in foreground, figures on a boat and marshy area in background. Trees line background with blue sky and pink on horizon. Handwritten note identifies site as Sheldon, SC.
Work on paper in watercolor and ink dated 1785. Shell of church in center: pink with shite interior, columns around exterior. Two men and horse stand near church. Handwritten note identifies building as ruins of the Sheldon Church, burned by British soldiers in 1781.