4 Green Way. Built circa 1817, restored 1972. Alternately used as a dormitory and faculty offices through the years, it is affectionately referred to as the "shack." It served as the first dormitory for women at the College in 1960.
Photograph of a student sitting at a desk in Buist Rivers Residence Hall, 13 College Way. Built in 1967, this four story residence hall is named after G.L. Buist Rivers, a 1916 graduate of the College and former president of the board of trustees.
Photograph of a student inside the Robert Scott Small Library, 175 Calhoun St. Dedicated in 1972, the library was one of the first academic buildings constructed during the major expansion of the 1970's. Wings were added in 1975.
Carriage tour stopped in front of Porters Lodge, 66 George St. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.
Photograph of the Theodore S. Stern Student Center, 71 George St. Finished in 1975, the Stern Center was named after Dr. Stern who, as president, ushered the College into the modern era by increasing enrollment and purchasing much of the property that makes up the College today.
Martindale-Bell House, 2 Green Way. Built circa 1817 by Charleston planter James Martindale on a lot purchased from the College of Charleston's Free School Lands. The house was auctioned to Sally Johnston, a "free person of color", in 1844 and remained in her descendant's hands until acquired by the College in 1972.