Construction of the Rita Liddy Hollings Science Center, 58 Coming St. The Science Center was completed in 1974 with an addition added in 1987. Clauss House at 5 College Way, built circa 1830 by Abiel Bolles, in background.
Burnett Rhett Maybank Hall, 171 Calhoun St., during construction. Maybank Hall, situated on the College Mall across from the Robert Scott Small Building, was built in 1974 as the main classroom facility on the College campus.
Interior of the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.