Photograph of students sitting and talking outside of Craig Union Dorm, 33 St. Philip St. Built in stages in 1962, 1970 and 1978, the Craig Cafeteria and Residence Hall originally included a student union and represented the College's first step in its expansion from the original main campus.
Close-up of front of Randolph Hall. Construction of Randolph Hall, the most recognizable building at the College, began in 1828 under the direction of architect William Strickland. Flanking wings and portico for the main building were designed by Edward Brickell White and erected circa 1850. In 1886 the wings were destroyed by the Charleston earthquake and rebuilt between 1888 to 1894 under the direction of Gabriel Manigault.