A report from the mayor, city council, and various governmental departments of Charleston, S.C. for the year 1940. The Year Book opens with an address from the mayor, Henry W. Lockwood, followed by reports from various departments.
The College of Charleston Magazine is a monthly publication released by the College of Charleston's Chrestomathic Society during the academic year. This volume is comprised of the bound together publications for the Fall of 1940 and Spring of 1941.
Mantel detail inside the William Blacklock House, 18 Bull St. One of the College's most prized buildings, the Blacklock House was built in 1800 for one of Charleston's wealthier merchants. It was acquired by the College in 1974. Listed as a National Historic Landmark.