Photograph of the Gloria Theatre facade, 329 King St., during the South Carolina premiere of Gone With The Wind. The theatre in the rear of the building was built in 1928 and acquired by the College in 1974. It was restored by the College in 1993 and is known now as the Sottile Theatre with an entrance at 44 George St.
Close-up of west extension of Harrison Randolph Hall. Construction of Randolph Hall, the most recognizable building at the College, began in 1828 under the direction of architect William Strickland. Flanking wings and portico for the main building were designed by Edward Brickell White and erected circa 1850. In 1886 the wings were destroyed by the Charleston earthquake and rebuilt between 1888 to 1894 under the direction of Gabriel Manigault.
The "Honorable Robert", college janitor, standing under Porters Lodge, 66 George St, circa 1930. This gate house on the original main campus, designed by E.B. (Edward Brickell) White, was built in 1850 to house the school's porter or custodian.