Handwritten on reverse: 'Avenue, entrance to Eutaw.' Image measures 3 3/4" X 4 3/4". Note: Submerged under Lake Marion, St. John's Berkeley Parish, Orangeburg County. Original plantation lands were located near present-day Eutaw Springs and were between the Santee River and Eutaw Creek. Eutaw was originally in Berkeley County, but in 1908 the county lines were redrawn and the plantation became part of Orangeburg County.
3 3/4" X 4 3/4" image with 'The Oaks. Entrance to a country home near Charleston, S.C. This site was formerly the home of a wealthy planter. The first residence was built on it over a century and a half ago. Photo by Morton B. Paine, Jr. 47 Meeting St. Charleston, S.C.' handwritten on reverse.
3 3/4" X 4 3/4" image with 'Entrance to plantation residence on the road to Wilmington from Charleston, S.C.' handwritten on reverse. Photograph shows a side view of the front steps and porch. An unidentified woman is standing at the top of the steps. A vintage car with four occupants is parked at the foot of the stairs
5" X 7" image of a gate at an unidentified plantation. This is the opposite view as in MK 245a and MK 245b, note that the eagle is facing the opposite direction. Also there is a bell attached to the column on the right. There is a structure just visible to the right, up the drive.