Three-page booklet of a story from American Missionary by missionary Dr. John H. Clifford. Clifford details a recent trip to Charleston describing Avery as an admirable institution in need of carpentry facilities. The booklet also contains a fundraising plea by Principal B.F. Cox who asks that "friends" donate "one thousand dollars per year" to cover the expenses of running a donated carpentry shop.
Three-page booklet of piano sheet music for "The Avery Song," poem by Beulah Shecut, class of 1928, and music by Maude B. Smith, class of 1915. Music includes both treble and bass clef notation along with song lyrics.
Photograph of twenty-three members of Avery's Glee Club pose outside the Avery Institute. Caption: "Maude Smith Atkins, director; Top row far right A. McBeth; Third row second from left Dolly Mears, third Mary Ford; First row center C. Giles; Seated Maude Smith Atkins."