Provided on the front of this two-sided typed document is information regarding the property on the city block between Calhoun, Meeting, George, and King Streets. A small piece of paper taped to the back reads: "Kindness of: Mr. Gedney M. Howe."
This two-page typed document provides information for numerous Ansonborough properties, including the owner of the property before Historic Charleston Foundation, to whom the property was sold by Historic Charleston Foundation, and the date of sales.
Provided on the front of this two-sided typed document is information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned. A small piece of paper taped to the back reads: "Kindness of: Mr. Gedney M. Howe."
This one-page handwritten document lists numerous properties in the Ansonborough neighborhood on Anson Street, Laurens Street, Society Street, Wentworth Street, and East Bay Street. Informational headings for properties include: date acquired, date sold, purchase price, Foundation Improvements, selling price, purchaser's improvements, and owner.
This four-page typed document provides ownership information for properties of interest to Historic Charleston Foundation. Specific categories for properties include spaces outside the Ansonborough neighborhood, in the rental endowment or Gadsden Complex, properties held for sale, properties in the process of being sold to Historic Charleston Foundation, properties being considered for purchase, properties near an area designated as the Auditorium Fringe, properties on Alexander Street, and properties on George Street.
This three-page typed document includes a table providing information for numerous Ansonborough properties. The properties are organized by street, which include Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, Society Street, Laurens Street, Anson Street, and George Street. Informational categories include ownership, Historic Charleston Foundation's involvement with the property, number of improved living units at the property, and financial investments in the property.
This one-page typed document provides a real estate statement for Historic Charleston Foundations bought, sold, and improved living units, a financial statement for investments in the Ansonborough neighborhood, investments and income in the properties under rental endowment, and improvements and on Wentworth Street.
This two-page, front and back, handwritten document includes notes for various properties on Anson Street, Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, and George Street. It appears that these notes indicate the property owners.
This four-page typed questionnaire was intended for organizations benefitting from the Historic Charleston's Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project Revolving Fund. Question topics include: Loan request process; administration and policy for funds provided, including policies for historic preservation; use of funds; and results. handwritten notes also appear on the document.
A four-page typed document chronicling the history of the Ansonborough property from 1696 with Isaac Mazyck's Propietary Grant through the segmentation of the property beginning in 1759 through a purchase in 1904. The development of the various streets in the Ansonborough area and the building of houses is also discussed.
This three-page, handwritten document lists numerous Ansonborough properties, organized by street, and provides information regarding the purchase and/or sale of the property by Historic Charleston Foundation, rental endowments, contracts with Historic Charleston Foundation, improvements to the property either by the owner with funds from Historic Charleston Foundation, or directly by Historic Charleston Foundation, number of improved living spaces in each property, financial investment by Historic Charleston Foundation, and estimates for other investments. Properties on Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, Society Street, Laurens Street, Anson Street, and East Bay Street are included.
This three-page typed informational introduction and outline provides an overview of historic buildings in Charleston, effects of industrialization on the city, and encourages readers to donate to the Historic Charleston Foundation's Revolving Fund. The outline details goals for use of Revolving Fund monies.
This three-page typed document details the use of monies in the Historic Charleston Foundation Revolving Fund, stipulated by six points written by the Foundation. Six plans for purchase of properties are also included.
In this two-page typed document, the ownership history of 72 Anson Street is traced back to 1696, under Isaac Mazyck. Subsequent property grants are also discussed, ending in 1901 with the sale of the property to Charles G. Leslie.
This one-page typed document provides information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned.
A one-page typed letter from Mrs. S. Henry Edmunds, Director of Historic Charleston Foundation, in response to a letter from Mr. Alan B. Anson, descendant of Admiral Lord Anson, providing historical information about the neighborhood.
A two-page handwritten letter from Alan B. Anson, descendant of Lord George Anson, expressing his desire to visit the neighborhood, and extending congratulations for the work on the Rehabilitation Project.
This one-page typed document provides information for Historic Charleston Foundation's progress in five years, specifically in the areas of houses purchased, living units improved, investments in the rehabilitation efforts, and properties in the rental endowment.
This four-page typed document includes age, ownership history, architectural, financial, and size information for numerous properties in the Ansonborough neighborhood. Also includes information regarding rehabilitation efforts for the properties and renovation status.
This three-page typed document provides information on numerous properties for sale by Historic Charleston Foundation, including the age, architectural details, price, dimensions, and suggested plans for the property.
This one-page typed document lists several streets in Ansonborough alongside types of trees. These notes are from Alicia Rudolf's meeting with a Mr. Burroughs of the City Parks Department in the summer of 1967.
This two-page typed document provides a progress report on properties in the Ansonborough neighborhood owned by Historic Charleston Foundation and an estimate of the financial investment made in the area.
This one-page typed document provides information on properties being renovated through the Ansonborough rehabilitation efforts. It appears to be a memo from an individual with initials FRE to an unidentified recipient.
In this one-page typed letter, Raynor informs Spell that a sample sign for Ansonborough has been placed. He expresses his disappointment with the sign, and suggests that they contact Historic Charleston Foundation before continuing with the sign's installation.