In this one-page typed letter, Edmunds expresses her regret that the O'Hears will be leaving Ansonborough, but says she is grateful for their early participation in the rehabilitation efforts in the neighborhood, and approves of the sale to Ewing.
In this one-page typed letter, Raynor informs Spell that a sample sign for Ansonborough has been placed. He expresses his disappointment with the sign, and suggests that they contact Historic Charleston Foundation before continuing with the sign's installation.
This four-page typed document includes age, ownership history, architectural, financial, and size information for numerous properties in the Ansonborough neighborhood. Also includes information regarding rehabilitation efforts for the properties and renovation status.
This three-page typed document provides information on numerous properties for sale by Historic Charleston Foundation, including the age, architectural details, price, dimensions, and suggested plans for the property.
This two-page typed document provides a progress report on properties in the Ansonborough neighborhood owned by Historic Charleston Foundation and an estimate of the financial investment made in the area.
Provided on the front of this two-sided typed document is information regarding the property on the city block between Calhoun, Meeting, George, and King Streets. A small piece of paper taped to the back reads: "Kindness of: Mr. Gedney M. Howe."
This two-page typed document provides information for numerous Ansonborough properties, including the owner of the property before Historic Charleston Foundation, to whom the property was sold by Historic Charleston Foundation, and the date of sales.
This four-page typed questionnaire was intended for organizations benefitting from the Historic Charleston's Ansonborough Rehabilitation Project Revolving Fund. Question topics include: Loan request process; administration and policy for funds provided, including policies for historic preservation; use of funds; and results. handwritten notes also appear on the document.
In this one-page, handwritten Letter, O'Hear writes to notify Historic Charleston Foundation that she plans to sell her home at 48 Laurens Street. She writes that Betty Hanahan appraised her home for $110,000.
This three-page, handwritten document lists numerous Ansonborough properties, organized by street, and provides information regarding the purchase and/or sale of the property by Historic Charleston Foundation, rental endowments, contracts with Historic Charleston Foundation, improvements to the property either by the owner with funds from Historic Charleston Foundation, or directly by Historic Charleston Foundation, number of improved living spaces in each property, financial investment by Historic Charleston Foundation, and estimates for other investments. Properties on Hasell Street, Wentworth Street, Society Street, Laurens Street, Anson Street, and East Bay Street are included.
This three-page typed informational introduction and outline provides an overview of historic buildings in Charleston, effects of industrialization on the city, and encourages readers to donate to the Historic Charleston Foundation's Revolving Fund. The outline details goals for use of Revolving Fund monies.
This three-page typed document details the use of monies in the Historic Charleston Foundation Revolving Fund, stipulated by six points written by the Foundation. Six plans for purchase of properties are also included.
In this two-page typed document, the ownership history of 72 Anson Street is traced back to 1696, under Isaac Mazyck. Subsequent property grants are also discussed, ending in 1901 with the sale of the property to Charles G. Leslie.
This one-page typed document lists several streets in Ansonborough alongside types of trees. These notes are from Alicia Rudolf's meeting with a Mr. Burroughs of the City Parks Department in the summer of 1967.
This one-page typed document provides information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned.
This two-page typed document, with notes, provides information regarding covenants on properties formerly under the ownership of Historic Charleston Foundation in order to establish trends for use restrictions in the Ansonborough neighborhood.
This one-page typed document provides information for Historic Charleston Foundation's progress in five years, specifically in the areas of houses purchased, living units improved, investments in the rehabilitation efforts, and properties in the rental endowment.
In this one-page typed letter, Edmunds expresses regret that the O'Hears plan to leave Ansonborough, and expresses her hope that they find a suitable buyer. Edmunds also explains that per the restrictive covenants, O'Hear must contact Historic Charleston Foundation when a sale is imminent.
In this one-page typed letter, Edmunds permits Boyd to sell his home at 59 Society Street to R. Scott Hood. She expresses regret that Boyd is leaving Ansonborough, but thanks him for finding a nice family to live in his home.
A one-page typed letter from Mrs. S. Henry Edmunds, Director of Historic Charleston Foundation, in response to a letter from Mr. Alan B. Anson, descendant of Admiral Lord Anson, providing historical information about the neighborhood.
In this one-page typed letter, Boyd writes to inform Edmunds that he has received an offer from R. Scott Hood for his home at 59 Society Street. Boyd asks for permission to proceed with the sale, per Section 3 of the Ansonborough restrictive covenants.
In this one-page typed letter, Bates writes on behalf of Eve K. Snedeker, who is purchasing the property at 32 Wentworth Street from W. Newton Morris. He advises Historic Charleston Foundation of the sale, and requests the execution of a quit-claim deed.
Provided on the front of this two-sided typed document is information regarding the property at the East end of Calhoun Street, known as Gadsden's Wharf. The land ownership is traced back to 1696 under Issac Mazyck. Land development beginning in 1746 under Captain George Anson is also discussed, including the construction of a canal and wharf in Charleston. Changes in street names since the city's early days are also mentioned. A small piece of paper taped to the back reads: "Kindness of: Mr. Gedney M. Howe."