Mrs. Larry T. Riggs, second from right, president of the Charleston Federation of Women's Clubs, unveils a plaque sponsored by the federation, commemorating the 50th anniversary of women students at the College of Charleston. Looking on are Miss Carrie Pollitzer, who was influential on obtaining entrance for women students, and Dr. Walter R. Coppedge, president. The plaque reads: "This plaque was given in honor of the Charleston Federation of Women and under the leadership of Carrie Pollitzer," photo provided by the News and Courier.
The Jewish Woman is a quarterly magazine published by the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) between 1921 and 1931 and was created to give the world 'its first organized record of Jewish womanhood's aspirations and successes.' Publication of The Jewish Woman coincided with the council's objective of expanding its membership and influencing various social issues of its day. This issue highlights the rural activities of the council.