The Charleston Archive, located on the second floor of the Charleston County Main Library, is an archive of historic manuscripts, books and visual materials representing Charleston, South Carolina and the surrounding Lowcountry. Much of the unique manuscript material housed in The Charleston Archive contains valuable genealogical information and is available to visitors on microfilm or photocopies in the South Carolina Room.
- Warren Hubert Moïse Letters, 1933-1939
- Agricultural Society of South Carolina Visual Materials
- George W. Williams Photograph Collection
- Charles Fraser Sketchbook, 1793-1796
- Civil War and Reconstruction Era Stereoscope Photographs of the Port Royal Region
- L.A. Hall Collection of Mid-19th Century Stereoscopic Images
- William ("Bill") Saunders Papers, circa 1950 - 2004
- Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society Oral Histories
- Millicent E. Brown Papers, 1949 - 2003
- Anna D. Kelly Papers, 1930s - 1999
News & Events
- Announcing the Completion of our NHPRC Grant!
- The "Eugene C. Hunt Papers, 1834 - 1994" Are Now Available for Research Use on the LCDL!
- The "Charleston Branch of the NAACP Papers" are Live on the LCDL!
- New! LDHI Publishes Online Exhibition about Civil Rights Leader Septima P. Clark
- Survey! Help Us Improve LCDL
- Accepting Applications for Temporary Staff Position at LCDL!
- Announcing a New Collection: "J. Arthur Brown Papers, 1937-1988"
- Additions to the “Cleveland L. Sellers, Jr. Papers, 1934-2003" Collection Now Available on the LCDL!