Search Home | Search History Search Results
Displaying items 1 - 10 of 467 start over
per page
Title Description
thumb
Pearl Sago Pharmacy Bottle, G.W. Aimar Pharmacy
6” x 1.75” x 1.75”. Pearl Sago bottle. Sold by G.W. Aimar, Chemist and Apothecary. Cor, King & Vanderhorst Sts., Opposite the Citadel. Charleston, S.C. Pearl sago is a starch derived from the stem of the Sago palm.
thumb
Allport's Retractor
0.75 x 4.5 x 1.375”. Grasping and fixating: Retractor: Aural. Stainless steel retractor with four curved prongs and a screw to adjust width.
thumb
Bennett's Inhaler
1.5 x 6 x 1.75”. Analgesia: Patient controlled. Steel rabbit ear anesthesia device with ebony handle used by women during labor.
thumb
Corwin's Tonsil Haemostat
1 x 6.5 x 2”. Grasping and fixating: Clamp: Tonsil. Stainless steel. U-shaped object with two arms. One arm is a round semi-sphere with bumps and the other has a flat circular edge. The object's width can be adjusted at the base and a curved ruler is attached at the intersection of the two arms.
thumb
Leonard's Uterine Douche, Dilating
0.5 x 12 x 3”. Irrigation: Irrigator: Douche. Steel instrument with handle and curved probe end with a screw on the side that controls an expanding mechanism. The jets located along the tip allow fluids to be passed into the body for cleansing.
thumb
Elliott's Forceps
3 x 15 x 3 Delivery: Obstetrical forceps
thumb
Bullet Trinket
3.75 x 2 x 2 Commemorative and association items. War memorabilia that belonged to Dean Ruth Chamberlain. Along the side reads 18 VERDUN
thumb
Bennett's Inhaler
1.5 x 6 x 1.75 Analgesia: Patient controlled.Steel rabbit ear anesthesia device with ebony handle. used by women during labor.
thumb
Weber Basin
38.5 x 16 x 16 Dental Unit. Metal Weber basin with a fountain cuspidor, produced by John Weber, which allowed for water to be flushed away. The outer tank covers an inner tank which holds four gallons of water. A hand pump flushes the milk glass spittoon into a receptacle to be emptied at a later time.
thumb
Traveling Dental Set
10 x 22 x 13.5. Dental case. Wooden case with multiple velvet lined instrument compartments on either side and a sliding drawer under the main compartment. Edges are bound with silver. Instruments include a mother of pearl handled mirror, scalers, and shears. Some of the original instruments have J. Chevalier's mark. but other instruments have been added over the years. The original Traveling Dental Chevalier's Chest was invented in 1840 by J.D. Chevalier. This particular case was originally owned by Dr. Charleigh Thaddeus Dowling, 1823-1904, who practiced dentistry in the Orangeburg and Barnwell areas of South Carolina and carried the instruments with him as he went from one town to another to care for people's teeth.